Monday, October 8, 2012


Sunset

The sun is 93,000,000 million miles away yet it can still have such an amazing affect on someone. Two years ago my father and I took an unforgettable trip out West. We stopped at Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana and many other beautiful states. I loved all of them like they were my children. They all were amazing in their own way. Wyoming with is beautiful wildlife, South Dakota and it’s amazing mountains but one of the most amazing things I saw on the trip was the sunset in the Badlands.
As we ended our journey in South Dakota we decided to head into the badlands. The day was coming to the end and the stars were waiting to shine. My dad saw a little hill and wanted to watch the sunset. We got to the base of the hill and almost had to look straight up in order to see the top. My dad and I hiked our way up a steep hill with slippery rocks trickling down after every step we took.  Then we got to a wall and I had to jump up with my dad’s hands at my feet to push me up.
We got to the top and the sun was extraordinarily elegant. All that energy, all the heat and all the light just glowing and blazing with such a fierce force. For five minutes the blazing fireball just slowly fell down behind the beautiful mountains of the desert. As it glided down behind the mountains illuminating the sky with shades of purple, yellow and orange. We didn’t say a word, we just watched. It had been unlike anything I had ever seen in my life.
As we went into our new rental car I realized something. I see a sunset every day yet it never looks that beautiful. Sure there aren’t any mountains and you aren’t on top of one but if you could take just five minutes out of your day and witness something majestic, it would be worth it. It’s just amazing to think that this occurs 365 days a year yet you don’t appreciate it. If you do look at the sunset today I promise you all your worries and stress will slip away for five minutes. You will feel like you are on top of the world, and the view from the top is magnificent.
 By: Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment